Instagram is a social network with millions of users, so there are different methods of finding a specific person , among which we can mention the search for a person by means of his telephone number. In this tutorial we will show you step by step how to find or search for a person on Instagram by their phone number .
Steps to find someone on Instagram by their phone number:
- Log in to your Instagram account by entering the usual data. If you have forgot your password, it's easy to retrieve it .
- Once in your profile, go to the lower right corner and click on the image or profile picture .
- In the new section, you have to click on the three horizontal stripes which are in the upper right corner.
- When a small menu appears, you must click on the option " + Discover people » .
- In the "Discover people" section, you will see two options "Connect to Facebook" (Connect to Facebook) and "Connect to contacts" (Connect contact), click on the blue "Connect" button of the option "Connect contacts" .
- A pop-up window will appear on the screen with a message informing you that if you approve access to your contacts, Instagram will sync your account with all the contacts you have saved on your cell phone; If you are sure, click "Approve access" .
- Then another pop-up window will appear for you to confirm the action, to do so click on "To allow" .
- Go back to the “+ Discover people” option and you will see the contacts who have an Instagram account.
You have to keep in mind that some contacts that you added on your mobile will not appear in Instagram search, this is because many users when they open their account do not add their phone number in their profile information because it is not a mandatory field so it can be left blank.
How do I desynchronize my contacts with Instagram?
There are two quick and easy ways to unsynchronize your mobile contacts with Instagram; one way is from the same application and the other is from the main menu of the mobile; We will show you step by step what to do in each case:
From the app
- In your Instagram account, go to the lower right corner and click on the photo de profile of your account. If you don't have profile picture, will can easily add one .
- You must now click on the three horizontal stripes located in the upper right corner.
- When a menu appears, click on the “Configuration” option.
- In the new menu, choose the option "Account".
- You must now select “Contact synchronization” .
- In the “Connect contacts” option, you will see a switch on the right side, click on it to turn off synchronization; The switch must be gray to unlink your account with mobile contacts, if it is blue, sync is still active.
From the main menu of the mobile
- Navigate to the "Settings" or "Settings" option on your phone.
- Select option “Applications and notifications” .
- Find and select the Instagram app.
- In the application information, you need to click on the option “Permissions” .
- You will immediately see various permissions that Instagram needs to access to perform certain functions; Look for the one that says “Contacts” and turn off the switch , it will be deactivated when it is gray.
- Ready! the synchronization of your contacts with Instagram has been canceled.
Find friends from your Facebook profile on Instagram
This option only works if your Facebook friends have their profile linked to their Instagram account, otherwise their accounts will not appear in the "Discover people" list. Here are the steps to follow:
- Log into your Instagram account.
- Click on your profile picture in the lower right corner.
- Tap three horizontal stripes up.
- When a menu appears, select "+ Discover people" .
- Click on "Connect to Facebook" .
- Go back to “+ Discover people” to see suggestions for Facebook friends.
It is very easy to find people on Instagram, so you don't need to use any third party apps to increase your followers or find friends, just by following the steps in this tutorial, you can get friends and acquaintances Quickly and safely.